Followers

Monday 29 October 2012

Very exciting…For Me Anyway!

 Frosty Friends Christmas Card (4) 

Morning everyone. I was hoping to post this yesterday and share some really (really really really!) fantastic news but we took an impromptu trip to the in-laws to watch some of the Great South Run. We also watched my husband’s cousin, who was playing in a Samba Band along the side of the route. We did a lot of walking and I was so tired when we got home I didn’t have the energy to post.

So onto my news…… I have been lucky enough to join the Whimsy Stamps Digi DT for the next 6 months. Whoop whoop!  I applied a couple weeks back and didn’t hold out much hope as I was sure there would be loads more fantastic crafters applying, so you can imagine my excitement when I found out. Elliot did think it a little strange when Mummy started hopping around the lounge.

Whimsy DT Badge

I love the artists that design for Whimsy Stamps so I had to colour an image and make a card to share (to celebrate!):

Frosty Friends Christmas Card (2)

The image I picked is 'Frosty Friends' - StampArt Design by Kathryne as I’m trying to catch up on making some Christmas cards. The image has been coloured with ProMarkers and for a change I’ve used no patterned papers. However I have used plain Kraft and red card from my stash, a ‘Tied Together’ embossing folder, some Marianne Snowflake dies, some Scalloped Square Nesties, some card candy, some real and faux stitching (my sewing machine was having a tantrum so I gave up after the first layer, a sentiment from a Hobby Arts set, some tiny staples (coloured to match with a ProMarker) and plenty of good old sparkly glitter.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

So thank you for stopping by and sharing my exciting news with me and if you fancy having a nosey at who the other new DT members are please hop over to the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog post here.

Hugs

Lisa

18 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats Lisa! So happy you are joining our Whimsy team. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations. Hugs, Kelly xxx

Jacki Daniels said...

Lisa big congrats to you well deserved and don't be so hard on yourself your cards are amazing I am sure you will love it over there and have so much fun this is a great card love the image such a sweetie
enjoy your week what ever you are doing
Jacki xx

brenda said...

What a sweet snowman Lisa and well done on your new new DT.

Thanks so much for joining my 'In Stitches' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

DesignerDiva said...

Super little card Lisa, his nose counts for me!
Congrats on the new DT position
Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week and good luck in the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Sharla said...

Really cute card and congrats to you, that is very exciting!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card sweetie and congrats on your DT position! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley for our glitter and bling challenge!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

May said...

Congratulations on your DT Post!!! Gorgeous card... Love that snowman image... coloured beautifully!!! great backing papers... Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.... Hugs May x x x

Dorte said...

Wonderful Christmas card, the image made me smile..pretty with kraft and red.
Thank you for playing in our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Dorte,x

Unknown said...

Very cute card, love the colours. Such a jolly card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles. Helen - PD DT xx

Claire said...

Woohoo, well done Lisa, gorgeous card too.
C xx

Unknown said...

This is so cute, I love the snowman image and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xxx

Bettina L. said...

Oh this is supercute. Love the design with the glitter snowflakes and the glittery stitches. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

jenny said...

Fabulous card! Love the snowman :) Congrats on your great news!
Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers x

Jenny x

Miria said...

Congrats, Lisa and thank you for joining ABC Christmas with this sweet card, hugs, Miria

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a fun image I love the little snowflake! this is one of my favourite christmas colour combos ;)

Thanks for joining our 'in stitches' challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Plastic cards said...

Superb card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Congratulations, Lisa and welcome to Whimsy! It's a pleasure to have you with us. Your card with Frosty Friends is gorgeous. Thanks for using the image for your "debut"!!! Looking forward to working with you. xx Kathy

Evelina Wikberg said...

Oh so cute! Love the image, design, all the detail and the stitching. Fab!Thanks for joining us over at Dream Valley. Hugs Eva xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...