Followers

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Naming Day Present

Swiss Pixie Birgitta Door Plaque (1)   

Afternoon all. Just trying to catch up with blogging. I’ve been making things left right and centre but haven’t got round to blogging them yet.

We went to a Naming Day Party on Sunday for our Friends baby Girl and rather than go with a traditional type gift I though I would make a little personal handcrafted gift. So I created this door plaque for Baby’s room:

Swiss Pixie Birgitta Door Plaque (4)

The base is an MDF Door Plaque from Kaisercraft that I picked up during my little holiday to Blackpool. I found it in a lovely craft shop I discovered in Fleetwood called Crafty Company (a lovely big shop with a fantastic stamp selection, I could have browsed for hours but the rest of my family had other ideas!) I also bought the wooden letters there as well.

I painted the base with purple and then cream acrylic paint and then sanded back to distress slightly. The letters were done the same way but with pink and cream paint. I’ve also used a little Dusty Concord Distress Ink around all the edges.

Swiss Pixie Birgitta Door Plaque (6)

The top section was then covered with patterned papers that came free from a magazine (don’t know the make though). To this I’ve added an image called Sweet Heart Birgitta from All That Scraps (coloured with ProMarkers), flowers, pearls and metal corner from Wild Orchid Crafts, Viva Pearl Decor Pen and some mesh ribbon, satin ribbon and pearl strands from my stash.

Swiss Pixie Birgitta Door Plaque (7)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

20 comments:

Jenée said...

Oh, I so like your plaque. It is just lovely. Your little image is so cute, and all the elements are so pretty. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

Mandy said...

Beautiful plaque,lovely design and detail so pretty...Thank you again for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge and for entering the DT call again,good luck...
Mandy x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is a gorgeous gift .. so pretty, and i am sure you could enter our challenge at Ladybug crafts ink this week as i spy lots of P's
Lisa x

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Lisa, this is a stunning creation hun. Love the image and gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

Donna x

Lorraine said...

Oh, that's just lovely. So pretty. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Dewi Lestari said...

What a beautiful present. Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge
Hugs
Dewi

Maureen said...

This is just gorgeous! Love all the embellishments! Thanks for playing with us at All That Scraps!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Pamela said...

That is beautiful and such a great ides. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Pam x

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable with a capital A!! What a great gift idea and it is so beautiful made! Thank you for sharing this with us for the Clear It Out Challenge!

~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Chrissy said...

This is just beautiful Lisa,what a fabulous door plaque, gorgeous flowers and colours,a great idea for a gift..

Thanks for joining in with us at Fussy and Fancy…

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a sweet gift for a baby! Love the placque!
Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out challenges. We hope to see you again.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Bettina L. said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love that name placque and how you've designed it with flowers, bling, pearls and those gorgeous letters. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning plaque...
Thank you for joining us at Gem of a challenge & good luck :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma

alethea said...

This is gorgeous Lisa!! bet the recipients loved it for their daughter!! You'll have to make one for your new bub!!! Thanks for joining us at CYP for our fairies and Fantasy challenge! HUgsxx

Corrinne said...

Gorgeous creation :) Thank you for sharing it with us at Clear It Out Challenges!

I invite you to join me at Tuesday Alchemy's current challenge: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/ as well.

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Craft your Passion. And good luck.

Caz xx CYP DT

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Lisa what a stunning project! I love it
thanks for playing along with the Ladybugs P challenge this week - its positively perfect!
HUgs Laurie xx

Kerry said...

What a fantastic present Lisa! I've just found out I'm going to be a grandma for the first time and your door plaque has inspired me to roll up my sleeves and try something like this. I like how you've staggered the letters...the image is colored beautifully and the flowers are so pretty. Thanks so much for joining our I Need A P challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

Laura W said...

I really like this, just lovely. I want to make one now-lol. Thanks so much for playing along at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...