Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Craft Cupboard Trilogy

I’ve seen a couple of people blog about the challenge over at The Craft Cupboard Trilogy to use the free heart stamp that came with last months Craft Stamper Magazine.

The challenge is a fitting tribute to Sarah Lawrence (who designed the stamp) as she sadly passed away last December. I was never lucky enough to see her demonstrate in person but have seen her on Create & Craft many times. She was a source of inspiration and will be missed by many many crafters.

This little project started out as a birthday card, but then morphed into something completely different.

IMG_5711

I’ve used the heart stamp to make butterfly wings. I covered black card with Washi tape, stamped and embossed the hearts and cut them out. I used the stamp again to add a shadow under the butterfly and I used some more rolled up Washi tape to make the body. The antennae are hand drawn with small pearls at the ends.

The panel is made from some glittered polka dot card that I had left over from a couple of wedding anniversary cards. The edges of the panel are distressed and embossed with Gold EP. I’ve stamped the heart in gold and black repeatedly along two edges of the panel to create a border. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Valentines set and the words seemed fitting, this is what made me change it from a card to a wall hanging. So I made a box frame, inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, stamped through some sequin waste and added a bit more Washi tape. Lastly a cream ribbon (coloured brown with a ProMarker) and my little wall hanging was complete.

Thanks for stopping by

Lisa

2 comments:

Sid said...

What a beautiful card !! Love the flutterby !

Unknown said...

WOW Lisa this is fabulous, I adore how you have chosen to use the stamp, I would never have thought of using it as butterfly wings, but it is perfect. There is so much detail in your wall hanging that after reading your description, I had to go back for another look. Thank you so much for taking part & good luck in the challenge :)

Jane
TCT blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...